Monday, April 14, 2008

NEW BY MIKE KUNKEL AND HEAVY LIQUID -FINALLY


COMING JULY 2008

Ok - so I usually don't write about upcoming stuff on this blog. At least not far off - upcoming stuff, but I am so very excited by the July solicitations for DC that I had to post about it. First off is a new mini series by Mike (Heroboear) Kunkel. He's one of my favourite artists of all time. His background includes animating on Cats Don't Dance, Tarzan and Hercules -but his claim to fame is Herobear and the kid. I am really looking forward to this one. For anyone that liked Jeff Smith's Shazam, you should definately give this one a try. Note: the image shown is for #1 of the new series called : BILLY BATSON AND THE MAGIC OF SHAZAM! Yes, it's a comic, not a trade -but we will be carrying it come July.

The second item is Heavy Liquid Hard Cover by Paul Pope. Mr.Pope is another one of my favourite artists. Like Mike, he's also a really nice person for whom I have great respect. This book has been out of print for several years and I am glad that someone at DC finally realized they needed to put this book back on the shelf.

0 comments:

Post a Comment